We aim to cater for the needs of as many people as possible at our home-based three-bedroom Bed & Breakfast. The house was built in 1790 with ground, first and second floor. It is situated in the Deal Conservation Area and has recently been fully refurbished to a high standard. However, there are certain period features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility.
- The house sits directly on St. George’s Road. The areas that you can access during your stay are on two levels: ground and first floor. There are four steps which lead from the front door into the hallway and is tiled. The bedrooms on the first floor are accessed via the main staircase which is 34” wide and has sixteen 7-inch treads with a wooden bannister on the left.
- All three bedrooms are en suite and fully carpeted.
- Two bedrooms have a large bath (66cm high) and shower (5cm step) and one en suite has only a large shower.
- Breakfast is served on the ground floor dining room, where guests sit together at the large central table.
- The study/sitting room is on the ground floor opposite the dining room.
- There is a downstairs cloakroom which guests can use.
- The house is centrally-heated, with individual thermostats in all bedrooms.
- All windows in the bedrooms and bathrooms are double-glazed.
Bedroom and bathrooms
- The Breakfast menu and Welcome Information are available in the rooms (large print on request).
- Cordless kettles, mugs, fresh milk, tea and coffee are placed in all rooms. Rooms also contain a hair-dryer and sewing kit.
- There are no landline telephones in the rooms. If you wish to make a call using a landline, please ask for one to be placed in your room. Reception for all mobiles is very good.
- The Smart televisions are connected to the internet, plus they have connections for laptops.
- The duvets and pillows are made with goose-down and duck-down. However, please ask if you prefer allergy-free.
- There are two dressing-gowns in each bathroom.
- Heating is thermostatically controlled and adjustable in all guest rooms.
- An iron and ironing board can be placed in your room if required.
Assistance Dogs and other pets
- Unfortunately we are unable to allow dogs and other pets to stay at Bear’s Well; however, we do welcome assistance dogs.
- We have one pet dog of our own, who is not allowed in the guest rooms (or the kitchen whilst preparing food). However he does have access to the rest of the house, so Bear’s Well would not be suitable for anyone with a severe dog allergy.
- There is a fire extinguisher in the entrance hall and on the first floor landing.
- In the event of a fire, an acoustic alarm will sound.
- The building can be evacuated via the front door.
- We do not permit smoking in the house or anywhere on the premises.
- A note for golfers and others: If you participate in outdoor activities and your clothes and/or equipment get wet, we can provide extensive and secure drying facilities.